11/1/10

At the bottom of the ladder again!

Current Song: Stir it Up, Bob Marley and the Wailers
What I did Today: Had an excellent ride on black mountain
Energy: Tired with a chance of excitment here and there

When I found out what categories are in mountain biking and how you move from one to another it was explained to me like this, When you get to the top of one ladder you go to the bottom of the next one. Well I may have not been to the top yet, but I switched ladders. In my mind it is much easier to get a pro upgrade as a Cat 1. junior, because it is so much more competitive than a Cat. 1 19-29. So I went for it, knowing that if I wasn't meant to race pro next year it would get denied, well I guess I was meant to! I found out this morning looking for some records for my dad, sure enough the upgrade was approved, I am no longer a Jr. Ex but a Pro. Pretty psyched to be pumped to be stoked. Like I said it may be a little early, but I would rather spend more time getting my butt kicked than at the front of a pack, I know that it will teach me something new every race and that it will make me faster. That really meets my goal for the year, which was to get the results to get my pro upgrade, kinda cool to look back on something I didn't think was possible and realizing I did it. For now, my goal is not to get any major results but merely to get the feel of the faster field and get better because of it, off in the distance is definitely a good spot in U23's. I know this will be interesting this summer because it will be the first time I focus only on biking rather than splitting the focus with skiing. I can't jump the training up too much though. Next season will be a balancing act of many different things but should be a fantastic challenge! Well that was my update for now figured I would get it out there! Lots of training to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment