9/22/10

I could stay here...

Current Song: Young Forever, Jay-Z
What I did Today: Went to class, a light ride is on the schedule
Energy: Feeling great!

Well, time keeps on rolling and I am still amazed at the fact that I have not even skimmed the surface of Brevard. Last week was the stage race, It was a blast being able to volunteer for a race, because for once I was the one behind the scenes, kinda gives me an idea of what kind of work goes into a race. It is an amazing amount. The work I did included marking course until dark, yes we broke out the lights for the last hour! I also swept two courses which was very tiring. It was great to learn a lot of new trails, and with my new map, the links of all the trails are slowly starting to form in my head. Soon the loops will get going just in time for the base mileage. After the stage race, I had to put on a white squirrel suit which was horrible! So hot inside one of those mascot suits! Afterwards I got to chat with some of the racers! Jeremiah Bishop actually recognized me which was really really cool. I asked him about the race and he asked me about how college was going. I also got to talk to the coach from our camp, Andy and Cory Rimmer. It was fun getting to see everyone and what an atmosphere! A stage race is definitely on my bucket list.

This week has been mellow yet hectic which is basically all college has been! I went for an amazing ride in DuPont State Forest yesterday with Tristan and Matt. It made me realize that the biggest reason I have gotten faster since I have been here is that there are people who kick my butt. So I go as hard as I can to keep up with them, and pushing that envelope has given me much more confidence! At one point the trail literally was just rock. Like slick rock! I couldn't believe it! It was just way too much fun. I also finally got to see out of the trail. The craziest thing about riding here is that its easy to get tunnel vision because you can't see like you can back west! Its so easy to orient yourself because you know where town is, but here its almost impossible. Hopefully I will get it eventually!

On the other side of things, I keep trying to balance sleep, a life and of course homework. Balancing everything is difficult but absolutely worth it. Well on a parting note, remember the pursuit is the reward!
Over and out

1 comment:

  1. dude i'm glad you're so pumped on brevard. it's downright amazing.

    ReplyDelete