9/27/10

Some awesome pictures and another muddy race!

Current Song:Semi-Charmed Life, Third Eye Blind 
What I did Today: Went for an excellent recovery ride 
Energy: Still tired but feel better after the ride.

After a busy week, finally the weekend came around! This week was filled with rides that were not too intense but with everything this week, I was worn out. I thought it would be great to put in a pretty big week for conference. So with that I was not expecting the biggest results this weekend but everything worked out better than I thought! It was a really great week as far as riding. Got some cool rides in with Tristan and St. Marie and even by myself, which is why I have so many pictures! Thought it was cool to finally get some, the ones of the bike after the race are pretty entertaining.

Well in short this weekend was a blast, not my best races of the year but they were not bad. In the short track we warmed up and were ready to go at 9, the scheduled start, well the organizer didn't decide to show up until about 9:45, leaving us sitting there for nearly an hour, as you can imagine no one wanted to race and everyone lost their warm-up. So the first half of the race was not great. I couldn't get my intensity up to par and climbing the hill was not very fun. Halfway through I was able to move up a few places but only jumped up to 16th. It works but I wish I could have done better.

The morning of the cross-country we woke up to pouring rain. So out to the course and sure enough it was going to get sloppy. So after a rushed start, we were off. I got stuck behind a slow guy for the first lap but was able to keep moving up through the field to eventually get up to 12th. The last lap was great because I was able to keep my intensity up and I made up 3-4 positions! So that was great but still not too excited about not continuing my top 10 consistency, well next week! It was a fun muddy race and I felt great on the descents! The bike ran great despite the excessive mud! 

Now this week should be good with some minor intervals and what not to possibly get ready for nationals. This weekend is Conference champs and we are racing on the first ever olympic mountain bike course. I think its the coolest thing in the world. I know I will have one more level just because of that! Well enjoy the pictures.



Some rock garden action on Farlow Gap

Blue Ridge Parkway view.

and at night.

Air-strip trail, literally an old airstrip, the trail is fun too!

View from the end of Airstrip

Something-falls, can't remember the name

same waterfall

Nice and muddy!

I am surprised I could shift!

Or my chain could work

Or my crank.

Even used a mud-flap

You can tell it was a fun race!

No comments:

Post a Comment