10/12/10

The Pursuit is the Reward

Current Song: She Said, Collective Soul
What I did Today: Took care of business and played some dodgeball
Energy:Tired yet very excited.

I started out today taking care of some business that now that it is completed I feel much better about traveling to nationals. A few weeks ago it was so great to hear that I was going and now that it is happening it is too good to be true. At this point I will get to fly out and back and have an all expense paid trip to Lake Tahoe, can't get much better than that! I am not expecting much coming in to my 2nd national race of the year. I have always felt I was in a good mental place when I go in with such a mindset so hopefully it keeps working, well as the nerves keep building the date gets closer and closer. For those who don't know, our team is the defending national champions. An awful lot of pressure for us new guys but I will be happy if I go out there and give it my all. Then we will see how she goes as far as the team omnium  is concerned. I would like to say that I feel so privileged going to such a big race with such a great team. The atmosphere is so great that I know that no matter what the results are we will all come back with beaming smiles just because of the trip with a group of friends. I will keep it updated! Until then, The pursuit is the reward.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip, Leweeee! I know your positive attitude and mad bike skills will be with you the whole way. Make the most of every minute and say WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete