1/28/11

Damn a lot has happened!!

Current Song: I was a Teenage Anarchist, Against Me!
What I did Today: Two classes down, One to go
Energy: As always, feeling good!

Well I admit it has been a really long time. I have been meaning to write a blog since I have been back for awhile but now its at least getting done! The last time I wrote a blog was when I got home for break. Well to start, I spent my christmas break back home. It was an excellent 30 days with way too many fun things to count! Including skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, spectating, oh and longboarding of course! I think several people would be happy to hear that I now have all the protective gear, definitely helps out a lot! Well break was too fun to even go back to because it will just make me want to go home again so to move on. There are some great pictures to follow.

The next interesting thing to happen, a first for sure, was my trip home. See down south, school gets cancelled for a forecast of snow. So obviously when it snows 5 inches well no one can function. So my flight got rerouted three times finally ending in me going to Chicago, well in Chicago my flight to Asheville got cancelled. So I spent the night in an airport! Must say it was the best airport to get stranded in. I will never forget the cleaner's faces as I flew past them on my longboard at 2 in the morning. I will admit it was creepy to wake up at a gate with a ton of people around me but it all worked out. So finally after nearly 36 hours of traveling I made it back to no bag. I didn't get to truly get back until a week later when I could finally change clothes.

Since I have been back at school, a lot has changed. I moved into a new room. With a new set-up I don't have to sleep in the top bunk and the bikes fit great. No complaints! It was great to come back to everyone, tell the stories of our breaks and continue our adventure through college life! There is way too much to cover so I can hit on some high points since I have been back. The one that comes to mind first, the Against Me! concert. We almost didn't go but as soon as I heard a song on my ipod that day I knew I had to be there and it was totally worth it. Against Me! is a total punk band that totally captures the idea. It was crazy. I had no control over my body because of all the people pushing each other, even the occasional stage jumper coming down on top of my head made it even more awesome than it could have been. It was a blast! Such a great band, got the album to show I was there so that is now two concerts I have been to. I have also gone on a cross-country ski on the parkway. Freaking awesome, I have some pictures for that. Later that week I went longboarding as well, even more awesome! I have started up a training regime, putting in 10 hours this week, 8 so far, and it feels great to be on a bike. All the company here makes the riding so enjoyable. All my classes are looking great, no completely stupid classes so thats a good thing too! Well better get going to class, Cosmology, should be fine. Meanwhile a great quote from MASH, every once and while take off your pants and slide on the ice! Enjoy the pictures.



View of Crested Butte from Gothic

Our Cross-country ski to Gothic 

Gotta love REAL mountains
This is from the parkway, I believe this is Looking Glass rock
Getting closer to being a mountain but not quite
Frozen waterfalls are cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment