3/2/11

Reality Check.

Current Song: Blister in the Sun, Violent Femmes
What I did Today: Two cancelled classes have left me with plenty of time
Energy: for once, not sleepy!

I am noticing that the most popular way for me to start a blog is, its been a while. It seems I am having a little trouble keeping up with it but I think I am finally starting to have some events that are actually blog worthy! For a recap of basically all of February, School is going good. I have been doing ok in classes, my biggest problem is falling asleep. I applied to a few scholarships as well which made me feel much better. I went skiing out east! I think I may try to keep my skiing on the west coast, lets put it that way. Its weird to think I went skiing considering that since then it has been nearly 60-70 degrees everyday since. It feels like summer already and it should be a great experiment, I have never been exposed to summer for more than three months what will happen when I have a 9 month summer? For now I am loving the fact that the grass is already greener here than it is over the summer in angel fire (turned into a clever metaphor but I didn't mean it like that), its nice to lay in! Well thats my quick recap. Now for the present because thats where I like to stay!

My most recent purchase spent nearly all of my money that I am making, it is for a wonderfully golden ticket to marvelous Monterey Bay, California! I am super happy to go there and see sea otters, eat some IN-N-OUT be on the beach and what not. Oh yeah did I mention I was going to race my bike there? Oh yeah also its one of the biggest MTB races in the US, oh and its going to be my first Pro race? I have been trying to process the idea as well so don't worry if you are stumbled by my predicament. Its a hard pill to swallow, as my coach sean always said, its time to race with the big boys. I have realized its time to step up! I will admit I am a little scared, but what's life without a little fear? Now that I know I am going I am getting super pumped especially since I am getting a fair bit of riding in that by the time I hit sea otter I will actually have some riding under my belt. It should be a fun race and I know its all toward my season goal of racking up some UCI points. I know that this race will only help my development and I am excited to go there and do the best I can do!

Speaking of that, the team seems to be doing pretty good! We got some grips from AME, they are sweet,some are heated and some others are white and match my bike so good I can not wait to race with them. We also have gotten some support from a jersey company that will give us a pretty good discount. GU energy is also going to support us. Right now I am hoping to get some tires because I love getting new tires for free, otherwise it seems like the team should be a cool project that could develop over the years!

Well off to homework, cosmology, exercise science all that good stuff. Its nice to know that I can go pick out a nice spot on the river and get work done outside. Should be nice. OH and check out the team website! www.anarchistcrew.blogspot.com!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, welcome to year round summer buddy. Need I mention it's awesome?

    You'd better bring me some In-n-out back.

    ReplyDelete