6/9/11

Time Flies

Current Song: Ooh La La
What I did Today: Worked, rode the chairlift a few times!
Energy: Pretty freaking happy!

So, here I am in a flannel and sweat pants, same old same old it seems like. I realized today however that a whole year of my life has flown by, my blog has been up for about a year! Kinda weird that the only reason I noticed a year had gone by was because of my blog, but I guess thats what these things are made for, seems like a nice way to stay sane and it has certainly kept me sane! Well enough with the cliche, cheesy stuff, I do actually have a life outside of blogging.

So since being home I have done a lot of work, like more than I ever have before, which is funny because at most I am working 20 hours a week! The first few weeks of doing such hard work, I had a lot of trouble riding. I guess it was just a lot of work on top of work so I skipped it, plus it was nice to hang out with a bunch of people I haven't seen for a year. But the week before the chile challenge, people kept inviting me to ride the course with them, and how can I say no? I got a lot of riding in which was a good thing because I did have to race! I actually ended up 9th in the cross-country. I wish I had some more fitness for the last lap because once we hit the singletrack the group of three riders in front of me disappeared, but I was pumped to stay that close and not get last! Plus i was finally passing people on a descent which is something I have never been able to do because I was never fast enough. It opened up a whole new world. The next day the short track, me and Mike West showed up and that was it, we decided to race 10 mins and thats all it took to get my ass handed to me! Kinda cool to be 18 and race a guy that has been racing for so long though, it was a wide spectrum of ages. Still made my first paycheck as a pro cyclist, sadly I made more racing Jr. Ex sometimes but oh well I will get there eventually. The coolest part about the chile challenge was that it really reminded me that I love bike racing ALOT, it helped a lot with my lacking motivation, in fact I have put in quite a few hours this week! Even tried out my bike park pass today, (it was free through our family's membership). Pretty cool to watch Follow Me on the chair then rip it down as fast as I could to make last chair to get one more run in. I could see riding that park a lot just to keep tuning up my descending, might make a big difference! Especially since collegiate nationals are here next year. Can't even explain how excited I am about that. To get to defend a national title in my hometown? Of which I am the only person on the collegiate circuit that can call this town (maybe even this state) home. Pretty freaking stoked is my only comment on the situation!

Well this certainly has been a good blabber blog, to add a little more, Kody posted this video and it made my day so I figured anyone else might want to watch it! Well going to head up to durango for the weekend for some sweet riding and a good friends birthday! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment