3/30/11

All at once

Current Song: All at once, Jack Johnson
What I did Today: Class and caught up on some Sleep
Energy: feeling sick...

Finally I got to do my first road race and crit for Brevard College. It was super fun but super different. The last road race I did, when I caught the solo break, he swerved all over the road and caused me to pull him as much as he wanted. As soon as we hit the climb he was gone. So I knew I could definitely improve. Saturday it was pouring... We started off with the TTT (team time trial), it was fun to get to work with my friends to lay it down on an 8 mile out and back. Next was the road race, it was weird to have to hang back and not do anything until an exact moment. I had trouble with it because I like to attack from the start and keep up the intensity until the end, like most mountain bike races. I think this got me in the end because I really had no idea how to react to almost be out of a race and have to get back into it. I helped out the first lap and then had a lovely ride by myself on the entire 20 mile last lap. Oh well. The next day we had the criterium. It was awesome, I came into it with the plan to attack off the start, like a mountain bike race. So I did and I got the break and actually won the first lap prime! I decided I am going to go for that from now on. Well from there I just tried to control the race for my team-mates. First Caleb broke off and stayed off for a few laps! Then Brandon Milet had an awesome counter attack to get into the lead break, We worked our hardest to keep them away and they did! Brandon beasted it to take the win which was super awesome!

Other than road racing, I have been starting to really get into riding. Still getting over being sick which sucks but hopefully that will be out of the way soon. I have a week and 6 days until Sea Otter and the tension builds everyday! Very soon I will be shipping my bike greyhound which should take 7-10 days so getting it out this friday or saturday should do it! I feel the best I have I have ever felt as far as my training goes! Its going to be a challenge of course probably one that will make me very humble and teach me a lot, but is that not what racing is about? I think I am most excited about racing pro because of all the lessons I will learn. It seems this year has certainly been a year for that! Well I better get going sorry I don't have any pictures, I can leave you with this, I challenge you to learn something new about life or yourself every day of your life! All at once the world can overwhelm you, why not learn from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment