7/22/10

Bounce Back

Current Song: Blitzrieg Bop, The Ramones
What I did Today: A very relaxed day! I even cleaned up a little
Energy: Starting to feel restless, I know I have had a good rest day if that happens by the end of the day.

The arm is healing up. Its nice to be healing up fast, but at the same time, if this healed up in one day it would not be fast enough. Well it has been another lovely rest day. On tuesday I rode my mountain and definitely felt sore. I think not cooling down after my short track greatly influenced this. So I took a nice easy spin. On top of that my arm was screaming every bump. Well, scratch mountain biking.. :( Yesterday I hopped on my road bike, not near as bad as I make it to be, and did a nice tempo workout. Tempo is like a 4-5 on a perceived exertion scale. So I did two 30 minute intervals. What was interesting was that the first one was so easy I was almost bored. The second one had me nearly crawling at the end. I can see why it would be so great to do in a base training phase! Well I race the infamous Frazer Mountain Madness in two days, and I am very excited. It will be nice after these super intense national races to have a local race where I try to beat the pros. Hopefully the arm heals up otherwise I may be riding to the top with one arm on the bars. Found some pictures from Nationals, Thought you would enjoy!
It was a packed start of about 40 riders.

Riding one of the pretty fun man-made berms!

Able to pull off a 7th place finish! Sweet!

In the short track, before the fall!
Well with those put up, I am planning on a nice pre-race ride tomorrow! Maybe I will even take my sister out, we will see. Until then, Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment