7/14/10

Its been awhile

Here I am, sitting in the base lodge of the Sol Vista ski area. Personally I think the crappiest excuse for a ski resort ever, but its an ok bike park. Well The video above, I edited this morning, took a really long time and by the time I finished I was so sick of it I didn't do anything else. So sorry for not having a professional looking video. Well It is two days before National Championships, I am taking my usual rest day. I really like the courses up here. Still couldn't find all of it as of Tuesday but hey I got out and rode some of it so thats better than nothing. Its pretty nice weather here, it feels nice and cool. It was an entertaining week after CTS (Race Report soon to come). I stayed with the Franklins Sunday night at an Urban Campground. Then monday had a nice leisurely day with them. I drove up here and camped out monday night. Made some great pasta with pre-made marinara sauce some hamburger meat and bell peppers. It was delicious. After getting an easy 12 hours of sleep, I got up and put a good wash on my bike, got ready and rode the course. Right before starting the ride I heard that at the current time the course crew was actually working on making new trails as the current loop was too short, (JHK ran a 12 minute hot lap). Well I went out and rode part of it. Like 3 laps then decided to look for myself. I have been informed that the super fun berms and jumps are actually the amateur course but at least I got to do it once. The other parts of the pro course were super fun in my opinion. Really difficult and really fast. I find I do better on descents like this so I was happy. I guess I will find out what the real course is tomorrow. Well keep reading, a race report from the last Pro XCT is to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment