7/17/10

Nationals Race Report

Well, Its Saturday. My race was on Friday, the culmination of my entire year!! What a race man. I was so so so nervous to start things off. After a nice long warm-up I ended up in the second row of the start in the middle. First of all I don't like being in the middle, and second I really like fighting my way to the front but I was able to calm down. When the gun went off it was a little scary as everyone was rubbing with everyone but my pace was much faster than everybody else's. So I tried passing. I ended up getting sucked into some sand and running up the entire hill. This put me in a horrible position at the top, on top of that, my heart rate was so much higher as it was more difficult to run than to ride. Well, the part I was proud of came after this. I was able to stay positive and fight my way back. I passed people every lap, and if there was twenty or thirty minutes more (1 hour and twenty minutes is too short), I think I could have cracked the podium. Well I was able to finish seventh. Out of 37 finishers. Its really is cool to think that I was one of the ten fastest people in the country this year. Overall, this years events have paid off. And now tomorrow is short track, which I am entering with a whole new confidence. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment