6/18/10

Closing Time

Current Song: Closing Time, Semisonic
What I did Today: Worked, awesome Devisadero Ride and made some luck.
Energy: Felt amazing, the rest week is working.

I shuffled my library and it played this song and it is perfect for the exact way I feel right now. Well I had a nice last morning of work, until after North Carolina that is. It was very calm and then it got rushed. While trying to get on my ride I had to put on a new tire, which was very nerve racking after the explosion yesterday. I finally got that on after lots of cursing. Then I took a nice shower and got everything together. I was hoping to have some more time on my ride before meeting up with Rachel at the park but it was a murphy's law day. Driving up the pass I hit a pothole and started hearing a noise very similar to a mountain bike flat. I looked out my window and sure enough a car flat sounds about the same. After a quick tire change I drove down to meet my dad where we made a quick car change, finally I was off to taos.

I was looking for a half-intensity day that lasted an hour or two. Well I got an hour probably at a little bit higher of an intensity than I hoped for but it worked out. Devisadero was awesome. I couldn't tell if I was feeling good or bad as far as skill wise because I was riding stuff I never have before but not riding some of the stuff I have before, it was weird. Well I felt great. I definitely didn't feel like I had pushed it at all which was great. Yet I felt like I was riding strong. My descending could be better, I think I was a little distracted. I did get a good picture at the top of Devisadero!

After the ride I got to meet up with Rachel! I was hoping to get a gang together to do a slackline (basically a tight rope) but then I realized I had no rope, could not tie the right knots so it ended up being a fun time. We made some luck, and made some grass chains and looked at an amazing sight from the effect of the smoke on the sky. Overall I could not have asked for a better day, I am a little bummed it is Closing time. Well 3 days until North Carolina, more like 2 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment