6/7/10

The First Blog!

Current Song: Do You Remember by Jack Johnson
What I did Today: Started a Blog! Still have to ride.
Energy: Sleepy, but overall pretty good


So, a lot has happened recently. Including a few newspaper articles (La Tierra Torture Race ReportTaos News Article), a few more races, a graduation ceremony but most of all, lots and lots of bike riding. It has been a lot of fun. I have been going for a good long base and was hoping to have it done by now, however with the end of school, I wasn't the most focused which was a bummer. So now I begin to plan out the next few months and already nationals is too close! Well anyways, I leave in TWO WEEKS! To North Carolina for a USAC Camp then to a Brevard College Orientation. Should be a blast!


Well, I would like to start this off with a reflection on the Chile Challenge. This was my hometown race which happened this past weekend (June 5). We are seeing record high temperatures for this area. So it was an interesting race. On the start, not only was I extremely nervous I was surprised to see Tyler from my camp. Sepp Kuss was there, we go a long ways back and its always fun racing with him. Well the gun went off, me and Sepp immediately started trading off positions, in fact our pace line dropped the other two riders almost immediately. As we made our way into the single track Sepp had the lead and I knew i couldn't let him close the gap. Then we got to one of the last climbs of the lap, felt sick, gagged a few times and this was enough time to put on a gap I could not shut down. He had me on the descents and I am sure that is where he extended his lead. Overall I felt pretty good. The heat was killing me, and was a factor in not allowing me to hold the same intensity I have been for the past few races. My descending was really great. I used a nano raptor on the front which gripped wonderfully and the vulpine on the rear was awesome, it was very workable in a skid and on climbs I felt no resisitance. I really liked the tire combo and the bike performed as great as ever. I am loving the twenty-niner set-up! Well it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment