6/30/10

Daydreams of being Fast

Current Song: Say Hey (I Love You), Micheal Franti and Spearhead
What I did Today: 2 laps on Devisadero
Energy: Very Sleepy and very tired

Well it seems that no matter how many times I ride the world cup course at Angel Fire, I can't help myself from thinking I am racing that world cup that happened five years ago. That I was the one chasing down Christoph Sauser. Well yesterday I did three laps, and could not stop pushing myself. It was a blast. I just wanted to race and constantly found my sane self checking my speed. Well it was a really great ride and even better news.. my sister took some pictures as she walked one backwards while I rode three so hopefully I can get those up pretty soon. I unfortunately could not any pictures of North Carolina because with the camp there was no time and the one day I was going to, It poured down rain and I did not want to break my camera!

Today was an awesome ride. I definitely felt yesterday though. I went up to do devisadero twice which is quite a grunt. I felt strong on my skills in climbing clearing some switchbacks I normally have trouble with. Descending however, what a world of difference. I felt much more flowy on the switchbacks. There was even a difference from the first lap to the second lap. I felt great, very confident which is a large change. My descending felt so smooth, I really noticed not using the brakes as much. It was a very good day. After my ride I finally finished unpacking and am now just finding a way to waste time before dinner. I am looking forward to tomorrow's recovery ride and then Friday I will be doing a first, 30/30's. For now, Life is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment