6/10/10

Good thing Cars don't need funerals

Current Song: For What It's Worth, Buffalo Springfield
What I did Today:Nothing, Yesterday was a nice ride on horsethief
Energy:Pretty good overall, Sleepy

Well, to end the evening, I pull into my road and make it about ten feet when my car decides to literally die. The battery was so dead that it couldn't run. I had barely made it up the other side of Palo Flechado and coasted down the Angel Fire side. When I tried to turn on my lights and my blinkers, they didn't work. Well at least you don't have to give a car a funeral! It is now back and running with a good charge on the battery, maybe soon we will finally get it absolutely fixed so I can actually drive it without these problems.

The near death of my car was definitely worth the trip down to taos however. I got a great ride in and even got to join the group and ride with people! I went out early to do power intervals, underestimated the loop I was going to do and ended up coming in a little late but I did get to meet up with the group which was awesome. We had a fun ride on Horsethief Mesa. The semi-slick on the rear was probably not the best choice for the loose climbs but it was still really fun. My energy felt good, in fact the 20 second power intervals were too short. I guess my fitness is farther than I thought! Well now its a rest day then a race prep day before Pajarito Punishment! Should be a good race, I am very excited. Its usually a really fun race with lots of bridges and sweet singletrack, I want to place in the overall experts and take home some cash so we will see.

Rest days, are the most absolutely boring days ever. Having to stay inactive most of the day is very difficult for me, and the amount of food I eat is probably not good, well at least Nutella is semi-healthy. This is a first one that I got to work right away however. I called some people and got some lawn-mowing jobs set-up for tomorrow. I registered for my race and finally ordered a new camera! I am super excited about the camera, It is an Olympus FE-20 and looks awesome, I can't wait to experiment with the shutter speeds and finally post some pictures to my blog. I can finally start using my jobypod and everything! It should be exciting. As you can tell by the length of this blog, I am super bored today and really just want to do something or sleep. Well sooner or later it will end and I will get to ride again. Until then, Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment