6/14/10

A Few Events

Current Song: Can't Stop, The Red Hot Chili Peppers
What I did Today: Nothing yet, lots planned!
Energy: Feeling Pretty good, seeing as yesterday was a rest day I shouldn't be too tired

Well, its been awhile! I blame it on my astoundingly horrible internet, as it has been out for the past few days. Well lets see, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Quite a weekend.

Friday was busy busy busy. I woke up early and headed over to an old woman's house to begin yardwork for the day. After 3 hours there, I got home, ate and got Erin into the gym as I went to my second job of the day. After getting home about 4-5, I still had to do a pre-race ride. So I took a nice easy spin on Hochiminh. It turned out to be great and really loosened up my legs which was great.

Saturday, started early and ended late. Just one of those days I suppose. Well it started off with a fantastic drive down to los alamos, I say fantastic because I was asleep most of the way. We got there at 8 and of course had to rush through registration and whatnot to warm-up. I had about 1/2 an hour to warm-up, at least its a new mexico race! So after a shortened warm-up, I did my fast pedals last which was really good. It put my legs in an excellent place before the start. Well getting on the line, a sports system guy moved back a row and gave me a front row spot which was awesome! I was able to hang with the pros and mainly John Searles right off the start. I held a position in 4th or 5th for the small beginning loop. I started feeling sick once my heart rate got above 185, possibly something to do with the wierdly thick hammer gel, something I will surely figure out very soon. So then on the second part of the first lap (super technical) I was inreasing gaps and closing down a gap on a guy in front of me. This was great! I was actually going fast on the descents. I entered the second lap second overall in experts, with third very close on my heels. Well then I put a gap on and kept increasing it. Then my chain went between my spokes and my cassette. I hurredly fixed that but lost about 3-4 minutes. After getting on I passed two people quickly to regain my third place, podium position. I fought hard on the climbs. Then the descent came, I was super excited to attack it but suddenly realized I felt like I had no braking power. I figured it out, after packing my bike in my new bike box I twisted my handle bars too far down, so in turn I had to turn my elbows up, it changed my position drastically on my bike and it was a painful descent. Not only because of the change in posture but a lovely gretting with the dirt about half way down. I got out of some singletrack to cross a road and proceeded to dig my entire right side into the road which I now have some great scabs to show off. The third lap was ok, I felt tired but was able to hold position and ended up third, two minutes off of second. After the race all of the Team F.I.Taos gang had some great stories, the best of which was Caleb who had actually ripped off his seat in a crash and raced the entire second lap without a seat or seatpost. WOW. Thats all I could say. An award ceremony left me $75 richer and we headed home. Once home I showered (very painful considering the crash) and went to my friend Cody's Graduation Party! It was a blast. Lots of people commented about the scratches, and I got to play some awesome frisbee and some foot ball and of course got some amazing dance lessons! I proceeded home where I slept like a baby.

Sunday was super hectic. I woke-up and headed off to a job to do more yardwork. After which I spent too long at and had to rush home to get to my second job on time. At my second job my weed eater didn't work right so I had to end that job which I now have to finish now. Oh well

Today has some great potential! My new camera should be here so I can finally start putting up pictures on this blog, and a day at the river is planned. I am hoping to head off to do a nice team ride afterwards! Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment